Welcome to my blog! My name is Lynn and I am a former student loan collector. For over a decade I collected on thousands of accounts for the Department of Education and several FFELP guarantee agencies. I also collected on Perkins and tuition accounts for several major universities. Eventually I a career jump...I became a Financial Aid Officer for a major Big 10 University. Along with awarding financial aid and advising students, I specialized in Default Prevention and Resolution. I am also a frequent contributor and moderator on several online forums.

I have gained very specialized knowledge and skills over the years having worked both side of the student loan field. It really bothers me that there are several companies, individuals, and so-called organizations that will change you hard earned money for information that is readily available free on the web. One "rogue" collector wants to charge $50 for a book and CD's for "secret information". Other organizations will attempt to charge you hundreds of dollars for a Direct Loan Consolidation application which is and always has been, free at the Direct Loan Consolidation website. I will be blogging about student loan collections and simple tips to help you manage your current or defaulted student loans. Have a basic question? I am more than happy to answer it! For free! However if you need more extensive help, I am more than happy to help you at very affordable rates!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Student Loan Important Websites

 

 

 

 Links to important informational sites pertaining to federal student loans.

  FAFSA   

Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This is where it all starts!!

Direct Loan Consolidation Loan Program 

Federal consolidation loan program for all federal loans. 



Sample Master Promissory Notes & Communications

Since most students fail to read the prom note, this is a good link to review it. 


National Student Loan Data System

The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education's (ED's) central database for student aid. NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of ED programs. NSLDS Student Access provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants so that recipients of Title IV Aid can access and inquire about their Title IV loans and/or grant data.


Student Loan Common Forms







1 comment: