Welcome to my blog! My name is Lynn and I am a former student loan collector. For over a decade I collected on thousands of accounts for the Department of Education and several FFELP guarantee agencies. I also collected on Perkins and tuition accounts for several major universities. Eventually I a career jump...I became a Financial Aid Officer for a major Big 10 University. Along with awarding financial aid and advising students, I specialized in Default Prevention and Resolution. I am also a frequent contributor and moderator on several online forums.

I have gained very specialized knowledge and skills over the years having worked both side of the student loan field. It really bothers me that there are several companies, individuals, and so-called organizations that will change you hard earned money for information that is readily available free on the web. One "rogue" collector wants to charge $50 for a book and CD's for "secret information". Other organizations will attempt to charge you hundreds of dollars for a Direct Loan Consolidation application which is and always has been, free at the Direct Loan Consolidation website. I will be blogging about student loan collections and simple tips to help you manage your current or defaulted student loans. Have a basic question? I am more than happy to answer it! For free! However if you need more extensive help, I am more than happy to help you at very affordable rates!

Sunday, April 1, 2012

My name is Lynn and I am an ex student loan collector. I spent over 10 years collecting for the DOE and several FFELP agencies. For several years, I was one of the top collectors at my agency...I loved what I did and I did it well! I know the term"bill collector" brings nightmares to most people....however I was not your "typical"collector. I assisted thousands of defaulted borrowers get their loans out of default by offering them respect and a solution to their defaulted student loans. In my 10 years of collecting, I never violated the FDCPA and quite frankly I had no patience for anyone who did.

After working in collections for a decade, I decide to jump to the other side of the table. I became a Financial Aid Officer for a major midwest University where I worked for several years. I also currently contribute and moderate on several online forums.

So why I am setting up this blog?? I am tired of seeing so called student loan relief organizations or individuals who "claim" they have the inside scoop rip off consumers. There is no need to enroll in a service or by a book for $72 to get out of default. If you really need help, I am here to help you! My advise is free, although I am more than happy to accept donations if your case is very complicated.

5 comments:

  1. If I have entered into rehabilitation program will my tax return be garnished? I have made two payments out of nine in my agreement

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will need to call the CA or the guaranty agency and ask them

    ReplyDelete
  3. I defaulted on a student loan which was sent to Windham. I agreed to make monthly payments but didn't agree to sign "loan rehab" papers. They continued to take $350 out my acct for approx. 12 mo. They then needed my acct info again if I wanted to continue making payments to them. I refused as they already had my info and had taken 12 consecutive payments out. So my acct was sent back to nsl center and to another collection agency. Is there anything I can do about this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why on earth did you not agree to sign the rehab papers?? Do you not want to get out of default??
    The new collection agency is under no obligation to continue with the previous payment plan. You balance continues to be due in full on demand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I negotiate a lower amount if I pay in cash?

    ReplyDelete